Revlon recently came out with a new collection of crème eye shadows. I only saw four or five neutral shades in a special display at CVS but if you check Revlon’s website it seems like they’ll be rolling out even more shades soon. I picked up Praline, a beige pink with a shimmery finish and it was $8.49 which is about the same price as Maybelline’s Color Tattoos.
Not too exciting but Revlon’s on sale this week at CVS so I decided to get one of the Super Lustrous lipsticks in the shade Rum Raisin ($6.99). The Super Lustrous lipsticks are okay but not my favorite formula — I prefer balmier, glossier lipsticks — but I wanted to try one of their darker shades.
While there I spotted a special display for the new Revlon Colorstay Creme Eye Shadows ($8.49 each). There were only four colors available and I considered buying the two lightest eye shadows but thought it was probably wisest to only buy one in case the formula turned out to be not so good. I decided to go with 730 Praline which appears to be a shimmery pinkish beige. Here’s hoping I like it!
The other day I was cleaning out my closet and rediscovered my Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter, which I’d thought I’d lost, in an unused makeup pouch in an empty suitcase.
I started using Pink Truffle again and it just reminded me of how much I loved it. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it once or twice on the blog as one of my favorite MLBB lipsticks. However, using it again, I also realized how similar it is to another lipstick in my current makeup rotation: Almay’s Butter Kiss Lipstick in Nude Light-Medium. Both are fantastic lipsticks but between the two I prefer the Almay version.
These are all of the beauty products that I loved and used consistently throughout 2015. I tried my hardest not to include any recent discoveries from November/December because I thought it was premature categorizing them “Best of 2015” beauty products when I barely got two months’ worth of use from them. Oftentimes there are products that seem to work great during one season and then perform dismally the next. I kind of want to see how some of the newer products I’ve purchased work in the summertime before I declare they’re a “Best of the Year” product.
With the exception of the e.l.f. Smudge Pot and beautyblender PRO, I believe I’ve blogged about everything else before so I’ll link you to those posts.
In no particular order, my 2015 favorites are:
- bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 The Overachiever
- bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 The Hot Spot
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream & CC Cream in Light
- Up & Up Complexion Brush
- e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush
- IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe French Boutique Blush Brush #4 Love this brush but I lost some weight recently and it’s really showing in my face. I’m currently on the hunt for a smaller blush brush that fits my cheeks better.
- BECCA Mineral Blush Bolero
- Beautyblender Pro
- Coastal Scents Bright Eyed in Ivory
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer (The one I used previously was in the shade Light but I currently use the shade Neutral Medium. I use it so much, the silver writing on the tube has completely worn away.)
- Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil
- BECCA Beach Tint Grapefruit
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Matte Blush Stick – Fiery Flora
- NYC Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balm (These are long discontinued but I stocked up when they popped up at Dollar Tree. The shade I’m currently using is Sugar Baby but they’re all great. It’s the super moisturizing formula I love and not necessarily the colors although they do add a nice, subtle tint to the lips. I use these balms mainly as a nightly lip treatment. I slather some onto my lips before bed and when I wake up the next day it’s still on my lips. In the morning I take a wet towel and gently scrub my lips with it and the dead skin literally sloughs off, leaving smooth lips behind.)
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm – Curviest Caramel
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick – Nudist
- Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
- Almay Butter Kiss Lipstick in Nude Light-Medium
- Sally Hansen Colorfast Tint Moisture Balm in Health Nut (This is another long discontinued item that I purchased ages ago from a CVS semiannual sale. It’s very glossy with a vanilla scent.)
- Sonia Kashuk Sahara Sunset Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Nirvana
Although highlighter is one of my favorite makeup categories, I didn’t pick a favorite this year. My favorite and most used highlighter was the RMS Living Luminizer but it was dethroned in December by Tata Harper’s Very Illuminating cream highlighter. It’s gorgeous and has worked its way into my everyday makeup routine but I didn’t feel right including it in my annual favorites list so soon. I’ll definitely be including it in my January favorites though. And I didn’t want to include the RMS highlighter as a “Best of…” product since I had already discovered something better.
I haven’t been posting about makeup as much lately because I’ve just been really pleased with the items in my current stash. There’s actually only one new item to my collection that I purchased mid-August but I’ve been using it everyday since and it’s already become holy grail (although I want to try that new MUFE Ultra HD foundation stick). Everything else I’ve had for awhile but I didn’t start using them as intensively as I have until this past month and it wasn’t until recently that I realized (or recalled) how much I really love them.
August 2015 Favorites:
- Dermablend Cover Creme (Warm Ivory)
- The Conservatorie Pressed Mineral Complete Coverage Foundation (Vanilla)
- Revlon Lip Butter (Sugar Plum)
- Born Pretty Lip Stains (#4 & #6)
- e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush
- Dannon Oikos Traditional Greek Yogurt in Lemon Meringue
- Hannibal (TV series)