It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged about my monthly favorites but now that I’ve let go of my hoarding tendencies and reduced my stash, I don’t often have a lot new or interesting products to share. The makeup items that I reached for throughout the winter and spring honestly didn’t change that much, so it would’ve been boring to keep blogging about the same things over and over again. However, now that we’re fully into summer, I’ve not only changed up my go to products but I’ve also incorporated some brighter colors.
I spotted a lone Fiery Flora the same day I snagged Touch of Spice. It was sitting in a nearly depleted Spring 2015 Maybelline Rebel Bloom display almost as if it had been waiting for me. Let you tell you, I’ve been searching everywhere for this blush stick and, wouldn’t you know it, it was in the last place I looked: a sad, rundown looking CVS next to a Whole Foods store.
I nearly balked at the price though. $10.49?! At the drugstore?! Luckily Maybelline was on sale that week or I would’ve passed, limited edition or not.
You’ve probably seen and heard countless reviews for Touch of Spice ($9.49) already. People have been raving about the Creamy Matte formula and this shade in particular ever since Maybelline launched the lipsticks in Fall 2014, so there’s probably no need for me to go into detail about it.
Obviously I’m really late to the game. I knew about Touch of Spice but for the most part lipsticks with a matte finish don’t interest me. A matte finish is generally not very kind to someone like me who has a lot of lip lines. Instead I gravitate towards lipsticks with glossier finishes. Still, CVS was running a promo on Maybelline this week and I had a coupon and some Extra Bucks, so I finally bit the bullet.
To put it simply, it’s the best matte lipstick formula I’ve ever encountered. I get the hype now.
- It Cosmetics Vitality Face Disc (blush only)
- Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pin Up
- Too Faced La Vie En Rose (blush only)
- Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach (blush only)
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips All-In-1 Custom Nude Palette for Face & Eyes in Warm Nude
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in Blushing Nude
- Stila All Over Shimmer in Kitten (both halves combined)
- LORAC Spotlight
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbushing Bronzer SPF 15 in Light Bronzer
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
- theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze in Nude Rebellion
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze in Barely Pink
- Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush in Clarity
- Cargo Gotham
- Cargo Topeka
- theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer
- Cargo Mendocino
- Cargo Montebello
- Laura Mercier Awakening (Enlightenment Palette)
- Laura Mercier Blushing (Enlightenment Palette)
Nude Rebellion and Barely Pink are the two limited edition Master Glaze blush sticks from Maybelline’s Spring 2014 Dare To Go Bare collection. I purchased mine from CVS for $8.99 each.