My local CVS reset several of their drugstore makeup displays last week just in time for the Physicians Formula, e.l.f. and Wet n Wild CVS ExtraBuck promos. I tossed my receipt but I’ll try to list all the prices I remember.
- The new Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SFP 20 in LN3 ($15.29). There are 16 shades available on Physicians Formula’s website divided into 4 subcategories: Light, Medium, Dark and Deep. The 3 lightest shades in the display were Light Cool 1 (LC1), Light Warm 2 (LW2) and Light Neutral 3 (LN3).
- I went kind of crazy and purchased 4 Physicians Formula The Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipsticks ($8.19 each): 2 more tubes of Berry Healthy, 1 more tube of Bare With Me, and 1 tube of Vitamin Beet. I’ll probably put a couple of my backups on my blog sale page soon, so look out for those in case you’re interested.
- e.l.f. Blushing ($3). It’s been ages since I owned any e.l.f. makeup but this color really caught my eye.
- e.l.f. Small Stipple Brush.
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Blossom Glow ($4.99). I believe this is the shade that tarababyz says is a dupe of her favorite Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder.
- Wet n Wild Nutty eye shadow. Honestly, I only bought this to reach the ExtraBucks threshold. I hardly ever wear eye shadow these days, so this is definitely going to wind up on the blog sale.
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer in Light/Med Beige ($3.99). The color range sucks. The lightest shade, Light Ivory, is a little lighter than my skin tone but very pink. The second lightest shade, Light/Med Beige is a little darker than my skin tone but warmer. I decided to go with the slightly darker concealer because the undertone’s right and if I blend it enough I’m sure I can make it work. Whenever I use a too pale, too pink concealer to spot conceal, it’s always too conspicuous.
Physicians Formula The Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipsticks: Bare With Me, Coral Minerals, Dose of Rose, Berry Healthy, Tu-Lip Treatment, Red-storative Effects
Here’s one final post about the new Physicians Formula liquid lipsticks. Sorry if you’re getting tired of hearing about them but I simply love the formula. They feel so lightweight and comfortable, don’t dry out my lips, and have no funky smell or taste. They’re not budgeproof but they do leave behind a nice stain. They’re fantastic! Highly recommend.
Dose of Rose, Berry Healthy, Red-storative Effects
As promised, I went back to CVS and bought 3 more of the new Physicians Formula liquid lipsticks in the colors Dose of Rose, Berry Healthy and Red-storative Effects ($8.19 each).
Although it’s listed on Physicians Formula’s website, I wasn’t able to locate Vitamin Beet (the other color I was interested in) in stores. There wasn’t even a slot for it in the special counter display, so maybe it’s an online exclusive or it’ll become available when the stores reset the Physicians Formula floor display?
Physicians Formula The Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipstick – Coral Minerals, Bare With Me, Tu-Lip Treatment
I’ve never tried any of Physicians Formula’s lip products, so when I spotted a special display for their new liquid lipsticks I knew I had to give them a try. Physicians Formula rarely disappoints me and they really knocked it out of the park this time! I love the Velvet Liquid Lipsticks!
They come in 13 shades but I only purchased 3 colors: Coral Minerals, Bare With Me and Tu-Lip Treatment. They’re normally $8.19 apiece at CVS but I got them for significantly less by stacking coupons on top of a sale.
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayon – Fuchsia-ristic
Even though I haven’t really mentioned it lately and even though I’ve already reduced my makeup stash considerably, purging is an ongoing process that I continue to tackle. I’m now down to only three lipsticks in my collection which I think is quite amazing considering the fact that I started off with over 100 lipsticks, the majority of which I’ve sold off on my blog sale.
When all’s said and done, Soap & Glory’s Sex Mother Pucker Gloss Crayons came out on top. They are by far my favorite lipsticks in terms of texture, finish, fragrance and colors. Sadly, they’ve been discontinued but a few online vendors still carry them. Out of all of my lipsticks, they were the ones I found myself reaching for time and again and I rotate through the three shades I own — Nudist, Plum Jam and Fuchsia-ristic — on a daily basis.