Nothing terribly exciting. Just a few items that I purchased here and there over the past few months.
- Target Beauty Box. It’s not the most recent Beauty Box but one that they offered a few months back. I set it aside and never got around to opening it until recently. I wanted to finish up some other products in my collection first.
- Coastal Scents African Black Soaps. I’ve used other brands of African Black Soap before but I wanted to give Coastal Scents’ version a try. They offer a few different varieties on their website but I decided to go with a bar of their Unscented African Black Soap with Shea Butter and purchase a sample of their regular African Black Soap. The bar soap that comes in the box is hard and solid like a typical mass market bath soap but the small sample in the plastic baggie feels soft and malleable like molding clay. I’m curious to see if they perform all that differently.
- e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush. I’ve owned this brush in the past and liked it well enough but this new version feels a lot less dense than I remember. I’m not sure how well it’ll work as a blush brush actually. It might work as a highlighter brush though.
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free All-in-1 ABC Cushion Foundation SPF 50. The compact is too cute, I couldn’t resist. I chose the lightest shade (Light) but Physicians Formula foundations usually run a bit dark, so I’m not sure if the color will even work on me.
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom All-in-1 Nude Palette for Face & Eyes (Natural Nude). I used to own the darker Warm Nude shade and while the color was a bit too dark to work as a highlighter for me, the texture and formula were divine. It’s definitely one of those hidden drugstore gems that rarely gets mentioned. The product is multi-functional and can be used as highlighter, bronzer and eye shadow.