The Sephora sale for those at the VIB level kicked off yesterday but I only purchased one item. I plan on making most of my purchases online in order to take advantage of cash back deals; however, I did want to go to an actual physical store in order to snag a free Sephora foldover clutch and swatch a few things.
I specifically headed to a Sephora inside JCPenney because I’d read on Nouveau Cheap about the Skinstant Radiance kit (SiJCP exclusive) and it seemed like an amazing deal. It costs $35 and is supposed to have a retail value of $110.
The kit includes:
- bareMinerals Mineralixirs 5-Oil Blend (3 ml/0.1 fl oz)
- Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder (10 g/0.35 oz)
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 (5 ml/0.17 fl oz)
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (28.3 g/1 oz)
- Glamglow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment (15 g/0.5 oz)
- Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil (5 ml/0.16 fl oz)
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser (30 ml/1 fl oz)
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel (2.8 g/0.1 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Cleansing Gel (100 ml/3.3 fl oz)
- Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion (50 ml/1.7 fl oz)
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion (85 ml/2.85 fl oz)
- Sephora makeup bag
I’m mainly excited about trying the exfoliators, cleansers and oils. There are a few items however that I know I’m just going to have to pass on, like the Glamglow Powermud and Soap & Glory lotion which are too drying and too heavily scented for my ultra-dry sensitive skin and the St. Tropez bronzing lotion since I’m not into the tanned look. I’ll probably also skip the Josie Maran Creamy Oil. I actually have a full sized tube of it that I’m still trying to finish; I already know I like it so I’ll pass the sample along to someone else to try.
The limited edition Sephora foldover clutch, free with any purchase for VIB/VIB Rouge (not sure if Beauty Insiders get one too), was the main reason I made the trip. It’s an in-store promotion only; you can’t get the clutch online.
This particular cloth clutch is black on one side, striped on the other and has a bright red lining inside. It’s cute but nothing spectacular, so if you can get what you want online I wouldn’t bother making a special trip just for the clutch. I’m a sucker for makeup bags and that’s the only reason I schlepped there.